Big Texas BBQ, TouchDown Club Of Dallas’ annual appetizer and rib cookoff benefiting The Ashford Rise School of Dallas, will take place in Fair Park for the first time in 8 years. What started out as a friendly tailgate cookoff in an office parking lot has now grown into a fundraiser with up to 60 teams competing for Best Ribs, Appetizers and Best Tailgate; a kid’s zone, food trucks, and a day of live music headlined by Texas Music icon Gary P. Nunn. Big Texas BBQ will also feature a Kid’s Bakeoff where the six classes from the Rise School will each create a dessert to pair with a selected ice cream from Howdy Homemade Ice Cream.
“It’s my favorite day of the year in Dallas,” said Charles Polansky, Big Texas BBQ Chairman. “It’s spending an afternoon cooking BBQ, eating with family and friends, listening to great Texas music and most importantly - raising money for the Rise kids. We’re so excited to be hosting Big Texas BBQ at Fair Park this year and hope it continues to grow into one of North Texas’ signature barbecue events.”
The BBQ Competition will be judged by six celebrity judges: Tootsie Tomanetz, Legendary Texas BBQ Pitmaster of Snow’s BBQ and BBQ Hall of Famer featured on Netflix's Chef's Table: BBQ; Daniel Vaughn, Texas Monthly Barbecue Editor and the author of The Prophets of Smoked Meat: A Journey Through Texas Barbecue; Jeffrey Hobbs, Owner & Pitmaster Slow Bone BBQ; Jack Perkins, Maple & Motor Owner & BBQ legend, Doug Pickering, Owner & Pitmaster DWP BBQ and Douglas Bar and Grill opening in Snider Plaza in Spring 2022; and Marshall Prichard, Owner & Pitmaster Sammy’s BBQ.
· 9:00 a.m.: Rib Pickup
· 10:00 a.m: Doors open
· 12:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m. Kid Zone Open - face painting, tattoos, bounce houses, mechanical bull, and more!
· 1:00 p.m.: Appetizer Turn In
· 3:30 p.m.: Ribs Turn In
· 5:00 p.m.: Winners Announced
Big Texas Live Music Schedule:
· 10:00 a.m.: Justin Pickard & The Thunderbird Winos - for more information, visit http://www.justinpickard.com
· 1:00 p.m.: Cash Byers & Big Valley - for more information, visit https://www.bigvalleymusic.com
· 3:30 p.m.: Bandolero - for more information, visit http://bandoleromusic.com/
· 6:00 p.m.: Gary P. Nunn - for more information, visit https://www.garypnunn.com
Tickets are only needed for guests 21+
General Admission All Day Pass is $50 for guests 21+ and includes access to open bar
VIP Table is $1500 and includes 10 All Day VIP Passes, reserved VIP table for evening concert (Gary P. Nunn & Kevin Fowler), dinner for 10 guests and access to VIP bar.