· Looking for opportunities to give back and make an impact on your community? The Orange County Rescue Mission is now offering family-friendly volunteer opportunities on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
· Join the community in making a difference every other Saturday morning, and choose from one of the below volunteer services:
Chili Van Outreach – 1st Saturday Each Month
o Meet at the OC Rescue Mission’s Village of Hope and help load up Chili Vans with hot chili, bread, coffee and juice.
o Volunteers will follow the Chili Van to a local outreach spot, where hot meals will be shared with homeless individuals.
The Village of Hope Campus – 3rd Saturday Each Month
o Volunteers will meet at the Village of Hope to help the homeless in various ways, including:
− assembling food boxes
− assembling hygiene kits
− preparing and serving meals in the community kitchen
− assisting in gardening and/or clean up to keep the grounds beautiful
· To stay up-to-date on all details surrounding opportunities to serve, volunteers are encouraged to RSVP online at www.rescuemission.org/volunteer
· Children must be at least 10 years of age to volunteer on-campus at the Village of Hope. Youth ages 10 - 16 are welcome to volunteer with adult supervision.
· For questions, please visit https://www.rescuemission.org/ or call 714-247-4368.