Join us at the Finnriver Orchard this Saturday, July 14th for the 8th annual 'Chimacum Interdependence Day' (started by our friends at Chimacum Corner Farmstand) for a family and fun-filled day of music, dancing, talent show and film to celebrate this abundantly creative community!
The day's activities:
- Cider tasting & orchard tours
- Face painting and hula hooping
- Jefferson County Sheriff’s and Fire trucks
- Prosper Natural Health will be offering chair massage from 12-6pm for $1/minute with a minimum of ten minutes
- Wild Phil & the Buffalo Gals Live Music 3:00pm - 5:00pm with a Square Dance at 4pm
- Chimacum Talent Show from 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Live Music w/ Shaky Hand String Band - Smokin' Mountain Bluegrass from Colorado, 7:00pm - 9:30pm
- Short Films from the Port Townsend Film Festival library in the Hay Barn "Wild Rose Theater" from 10:00pm - 11:00pm
Food offerings include a range of locally sourced picnic items as well as the following food vendors throughout the day:
- Finnriver offers local bratwurst, vegan sausage & salads from 12-8 pm
- Dented Buoy Pizza from 12-8 pm
- La crepe de Quimper cart from 2-8 pm
- Fiddlehead Creamery vegan Ice-cream 12-8pm
- Nadine's Kitchen from 3-7pm
- Sugar Hill Confections 12-5
- Java Gypsy Coffee from 4-8pm
Shaky Hand String Band was founded high in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. The bands free spirited personalities are inspired from the mountain town lifestyles in which they live. It’s heard in their original lyrics, and felt in their high-energy feel good licks. The bands fresh approach to old time tunes and modern jam band music captures the hearts of new fans everywhere they go. Steadily growing a fan base from touring, and their first album “Two Miles High,” Shaky Hand String Band is quickly filling a niche in the fast evolving music industry. Dirt stomping and catchy lyrics are the heart beat of Shaky Hand String Band. Members consists of Jess Rose Moidel (fiddle), Patrick O’Halloran (banjo), Todd Webster (mandolin), Nick Beato (bass) and Loren Zyniecki (Guitar).https://shakyhandstringband.com
Finnriver keeps our music events free and open to the public. To support our live music program, we raise our draft pours by $1 during music events. All funds used to pay musicians! Thanks for helping us celebrate the 'culture' in agriculture.
We're also collecting a suggestion donation at the door of $5 per family for the non-profit Community Wellness Project.
Our events are family-friendly. No smoking, no outside food or alcohol, and no dogs please.
We hope to see you here!
For more info: