What is the Orthodox Christian Church? We are:
· The Body of Christ not just a body of Christians
· Orthodox but not Jewish
· Catholic but not Latin
· Evangelical but not Protestant
· A continuous Pentecost but not Pentecostal
· Not denominational but pre-denominational
· The Orthodox Christian Church has believed, taught, preserved, defended, and died for the faith of Jesus Christ and the Apostles since the day of Pentecost over 2,000 years ago.
· The Orthodox Church offers you the authentic Tradition maintained without innovation since Apostolic times, which fulfills life on a daily basis, not just on Sunday.
We invite you to worship with us at Holy Trinity Orthodox Church, 369 Green Avenue, East Meadow. The parish, founded in 1924, is the first Orthodox Christian parish in the Nassau/Suffolk area and centrally located in mid-island East Meadow. Holy Trinity is a diverse community of Orthodox Christians who come from all walks of life and ethnicities, gathering in the oneness of Faith to worship God in the fullness of the Church’s liturgical life and fellowship. The parish also has a strong commitment to serving others through various charities. We welcome all people seeking a community rooted in the oldest Christian Church with an emphasis on sacraments, prayer, fasting, mystery, Holy Scripture, and Holy Tradition.
All services are conducted in English. The Divine Liturgy (Eucharist) is celebrated every Sunday and feast day at 9:30 AM. Please be aware that only Orthodox Christians are allowed to partake of the Eucharist and other sacraments because of the ancient canons, but others are welcome to receive a blessing. Coffee hour follows the Divine Liturgy every Sunday. Vespers (evening prayer) are served every Saturday and on the eve of feast days at 6 PM. Services are also streamed on https://www.facebook.com/htocem. The full liturgical schedule can be found on the parish website’s calendar at www.htocem.org. For more information, contact us at 516-483-3649 or email@example.com.